Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Three Bloggers Get New Socks!

From the Mom
I've knit for years, but this is the first year I've attempted socks. Start with the cuff ...


It's knit on five needles the size of toothpicks. Did I mention this is not a fast project?

Knit about a zillion rows until you are at the heel. Change to two needles and knit this cool new pattern: knit one, slip one!

Next up is the "turn the heel" ...

Once the heel is turned you pick up those extra stiches, use five needles again, and knit the Gusset! Who knew that socks had different parts??

Keep knitting out to the toe length that you want. And here we are:
Three and a Half Bloggers with New Socks!


All ready to go Out on the Town

2 comments:

  1. Really neat blog. I met a lady on the train who did that kind of knitting. But is is really cool to see how it finishes up. Those look like comfortable socks.
    Chip

    ReplyDelete