Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Book Bag :)

Youngest Daughter :)
I found this really cool tutorial! If you click on the link and scroll down there's a video:

I'm not much of a purse person, but after making this one I think I'll start liking them. :)
I pretty much followed the tutorial except for a few things:
1. I added pockets. It's amazing how much more you can fit into a tiny purse when it has pockets!!!
2. Instead of a pre made handle I used this cool stuff that looks like an old zipper ... just to add to the zaniness. :)



We found the book at the Salvation Army for about a dollar or so. Good stuff! And of course I chose green fabric. Go figure.




The hardest part was definately gluing it all together. The very, very last step. Uggg! But I managed, so I guess you will too if you try this project! :)


5 comments:

  1. Thanks! It was really fun to make. :) Are you gonna try it now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, we already picked out smokey-blue-gray fabric for my book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh. That would be beautiful with the book you have! Can't wait to see how your purse turns out!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete