Thursday, January 21, 2010

Flower Bulbs

From Youngest Daughter :)
During New Years, we planted some flower bulbs in pots. Most of the shoots are super small still, but this one really took off!
A few days ago I poked a toothpick into the dirt and made the top of it level with the top of the plant. See the toothpick in the picture? Well, in one day, yes ONE day, the tulip grew that much taller than the toothpick!!!

I am amazed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you don't grow as fast as your tulip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are coming up too...just not at big as yours. I would say that it may be the lack of direct sun. I bet mine will be happy in 3 weeks when we move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually this is our biggest one. Mine are still only about 1/2 an inch tall, if that! :)
    The terrarium I'm "baby sitting" is still waiting patiently to move in with you! :)

    ReplyDelete