From the Youngest Daughter
I got the urge to do a project at a very strange time. Bedtime in fact. :)
I found a scrap of wool yarn, not even sure if it would be enough for my project. I crocheted a tiny ball, using up every bit of yarn. I would finish it later.
Later was in fact two days later. My sis had heated up some water for tea.
"Is that hot?" I asked. She nodded. I dumped some hot water into a dish, threw in my crocheted ball and began kneading it with a tong. After it cooled a little I picked it up, splashed hot water on it, added soap and began rolling it in my hands. Soon it began shrinking. I rinsed it off and let it dry. It was a perfect hard little ball.
Next I filled an acorn cap with glue and stuck the ball in. I have the feeling I'm gonna make a LOT more of these. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment