Monday, September 13, 2010

Johnny-Jump-Ups DIY

From the Youngest Daughter :)
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. This is soooo amazingly fun! And just for the record, my friends are amazing. Cuz one of my friends showed me how to do this awesome project!
Take a Johnny-jump-up, or a pansy would probably work too. Just use the flower, no stem. Place it face down on a piece of paper and then lay another piece of paper on top. Now pound it! Use a hammer, a cup, your fist ... whatever. Pound it really hard for like 20 seconds, being careful not to move the papers.
Take the top paper off, peel off the mushy bits of leftover flower, and you'll get something like this: (!!!!!)

The juice from the flower petals will dye the paper in the shape of your flower! It's so detailed, and it looks like a painting. So it makes you look like a really good artist. :)
Doesn't this one look gorgeous? I love the top right hand petals on the middle flower. You can see the veins, and it looks like a fairy wing. *Happy sigh.*


You so need to try this. Seriously. Do it. Now. No excuses.

8 comments:

  1. But...we don't have Johnny-Jump-ups! Horrors! What will I do? Worse yet, what will I do when Inna cracks down on me for not doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Shudders* Please don't hurt me! Oh, right, you can't drive. *Nervous sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, you *should* fear Inna!
    However I have a very easy fix for your super lame excuse. BUY SOME JOHNNY-JUMP-UPS FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!!!!
    Unless of course, you have pansies. Those should work too.
    But if you really don't want to do this, you can just suffer through life as a deprived child. That's OK by me!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or ... beg, borrow or steal. ? Hmm. Well. Try another flower? Experimentation is acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True that. We tried it with a couple other flowers. Some failed miserably and others were really cool!!
    So, Storyfingers, I guess you have your answer. Experiment! :)
    Btw Anonymous person, do I know you?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm. The good old Nan. D. should come in handy about now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan. Dr.

    That's you only clue. So far. Come on, this should be easy.

    ReplyDelete