Monday, June 14, 2010

Pictures galore!!

From the Youngest Daughter :)
I got a really cool plant today. It has green leaves. Wow, I know. Crazy right? Well it is kinda, because the green leaves are fuzzy. And the fuzzies are purple (!). It's really cool. I tried to take a good picture of it, but it doesn't do it justice. :(

So I tried to take a super close-up/macro. It sorta worked. At least you get the idea. :)

And then while I was outside taking pictures of it, I decided to take more pics in our yard!
I don't know why I like this pic so much. I just do.

Mosquitoes eat flower nectar. OK, so I'm not sure if I really believe that, but hey, seeing is believing right?

OK, just made a quick google search, and apparently mosquitoes do drink nectar. What!? "Hi, I'm a mosquito and I drink flower nectar, like a pretty butterfly. Oh, and I also suck your blood. Nice to meet you." ???

Anyways, moving on.
Apparently fly thingies also like daisies.

I really like this picture below. Don't know why. :)
A daisy bud:
Flower buds on our basswood tree.

Dude, how'd this get in here?! This is a picture I took with an underwater camera of a coral reef!!
OK, just kidding. It's a macro shot of moss and lichen on our tree. :) It does kinda look like coral though, doesn't it?? Yeah. I wish.

I think this flower is really cool:

Any guesses what this is?

It's the beginnings of a raspberry!! Yummmmmm. :)
And lastly a cool macro shot of a rose. Awwwe. Ain't it purty?

3 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! No comments on this one... I hadn't even seen it. So I'll comment. I'm going through and seeing a lot of Lizza though. Is she synonymous with "Zil"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and the flowers and tree bark and every thing were absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. Ouch, right? :'(
    And I loved all my pictures too. *tear*
    ;)
    Yes, Zil and Lizza and about a million other nicknames belong to the same person of whom you speak. :)

    ReplyDelete