Monday, March 29, 2010

Random

From the Youngest Daughter :)

Some randomness to entertain you:

1. Did you know that if you plug your nose you can't hum? Try it. I dare you. ;)

2. "Stewardesses" is one of the longest words you can type using the "left hand" keys on the keyboard.

3. If English spelling made more sense, Ghoti could spell the word "fish". Don't believe me? Take the GH in the word "laugh". They make an F sound. So we have an F for fish.
In the word "women" the O is pronounced like an I. So now GHO is pronounced "fi"
In the word "condition" the TION is pronounced like "shun". So the TI makes an SH sound. So there you have it. Ghoti spells fish.
And no, I wasn't the clever one who figured that out. Unfortunately.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we can hum. Aaron and I tried it, it worked. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you didn't comment back...Sup? By the way, we acctually can humm (or make some sort of sickish noise) with our noses plugged. Ha. (We can't carry a tune, but that's entirely beside the point.)

    ReplyDelete