Monday, February 8, 2010

Noticing

From Guess Who :)
Sometimes I notice very random things. Like once when we were eating hamburgers. I held mine up for a bite, and suddenly noticed how the steam wafted up in ever changing spirals and swirling puffs. So there I sat, holding a hamburger, a HAMBURGER for goodness sake, and admiring the steam! Did you ever look carefully at steam? You should try it sometime. But I suggest admiring it coming from a cup of tea or coffee. You will look a little less crazy doing that than if you admire a hamburger.
Also, when I was cutting open a cantaloupe I noticed the color. How the pale orange fades into light green, with a dark green stripe just before the cool texture of the skin:


Another time, I was eating split pea soup with a glass of cranberry juice. My dessert was waiting on an aqua colored plate. Suddenly I noticed how pretty the color of the soup, the juice and the plate looked together. I wouldn't have expected those colors to look nice together but they did, in an odd way:



So yeah. I notice very random details, like frosty patterns on the window, how light reflects off of things, the texture of flower petals, etc.
Do you ever notice things like that? Because if you don't, you probably think I'm pretty weird by now. But I'm OK with that. :)

5 comments:

  1. And now I'm going to try to notice things like that. It sounds fun...No, even better. It sounds beautiful. (Wonderful just wasn't the word somehow.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great comment! You're so kind. (For real. No sarcasticness in that one.) Let me know if you notice anything fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting...and waiting...and waiting! What's the next post going to be? More improtantly, when?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any day now. I'm sure of it. The three an a half bloggers will realize they still have a blog. Or should I say, the one real blogger (soon to lose her status!) and the two and a half others. Either way, I'd like something new to comment on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, OK. Be patient. Bloggers who are sick don't have enough energy to entertain you every day. :)

    ReplyDelete